CHI 2010 Stranded Traveler Info
Events at Georgia Tech this week
- Link to GVU and Georgia Tech events of interest this week (new events announced for 21/4 and 22/4!)
- If you are stranded in Atlanta or another city, please add yourself to the stranded CHI 2010 attendee list.
- If you can make an offer of housing or other help, please add yourself to the offers of help list.
- For those in Atlanta, the GVU Center @ Georgia Tech (map) can provide workspaces, wireless accounts and moral support starting at 10:30 AM on Monday. Contact email@example.com.
- Help for individuals stranded in other cities is forthcoming.
Other Online Resources
- Useful Facebook group: When Volcanoes Erupt: A Survival Guide for Stranded Travelers
- CHI 2010 Facebook page
- VulCHIno Wiki
- Comments section to Beki Grinter’s blog post on the situation.
Support for those in Atlanta
The GVU Center @ Georgia Tech has offered face to face help, including creating workspaces, wireless accounts and moral support starting at 10:30 AM on Monday. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contacting Your Consulate
The following is a list of some EU consulates in Atlanta:
- British: 133 Peachtree Street Northeast Atlanta, GA 30303 (map) +1-404-954-7700
- German: 285 Peachtree Center Avenue Northeast Atlanta, GA 30303 (map)
- French: website
- Swedish: website
To contact the GVU Center @ Georgia Tech, email email@example.com.
To suggest information for this website, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About This Page
This is one of the several pages currently being used to disseminate information to stranded CHI 2010 attendees. When new information becomes available, it will be added as quickly as possible. However, live social media such as Twitter and Facebook will likely be quicker to disseminate relevant information.
To contact the maintainers of this page, send an email to email@example.com.
Last updated: Sunday April 18, 22:56 EST